Monday, May 4, 2015

May Flowers

Looks like spring is really here.  Today, I went for a walk at 10 a.m. and the sun was warm, cool fresh air and enjoyed a delightful sight of budding plants and tree buds!  Later on in the afternoon though it rained which is expected and will certainly get the green grass coming!  Today was technically a 'day-off'.  I wasn't working at Curry's and I wasn't teaching!  So this was a full day to paint.  The walk just got me going to a good start!

I made a schedule for myself particularly because I want to make sure I am on track with my getting all my work done for the Passage Between Two Worlds exhibition coming up on July 18th at the Aurora Cultural Centre.   I am starting to feel the pressure of getting things done.

When this project started 2 years ago, it was but a dream.  Last year, I started work on my paintings but was more in a relaxed state!  I even had time to go to the Philippines for a vacation.... but now, it is coming close. 

Two weeks ago, Erika and I went to the Aurora Centre to re measure the gallery height for our big installation piece.  The drive and afternoon we took to get there was productive as we got to talk to the head curator and the gallery installer, even without an appointment.  They are all so nice!!!

Can't wait....11 weeks to be exact! 

Time to get my whip cracking! 
Marissa



Working at the studio


No comments:

Post a Comment