Saturday, July 11, 2015

A week today


This is it!  A week before our show opening on July 18th.  Geez….. now not only does production of the work get a bit more time conscious but the technicalities of getting the show on the road become apparent!
I have finished 20 pieces, the majority painted for this show has opened new doors in my creative journey, not only in the painting process, but also in the preparatory steps prior to dipping my brush into colour.  A lot of research went into each piece, ideas drawn from sketches, some came instantly, yet others took months to visualise.
Getting comfortable with plans abandoned to a different path was daunting. Erika has truly inspired me to be more that I could be as a painter, from this I believe I have grown in many ways as a visual artist. The vision we had towards this show inspired me to push forward. 
I am thankful for my family who understood my everyday work mode and gave me the space to create! 
Detail for "Rhapsody in Blue" 80" x 120" Mixed Media


As I finalise details, varnish each piece, wrap then deliver them to the gallery, I am filled with pleasure that each painting has a special story to share.  A journey that I hope you can experience shortly.
 
Hugs,
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment