Sunday, August 10, 2014

En Plein Air

Painted last week with Artist/Sculptor friend Erika Takacs at the Bowmanville Creek.  It was such a nice day, no bugs, cool breeze and sunshine.  I am still conquering my "greens" and finding the best combination/mix to brighten them up !!!  I feel every time I go out and paint,  I feel I am improving.

I got a bit distracted as I was painting near the bridge where a family of three came by and started throwing stones on to the creek.  The son, possibly about 4 years old was having so much fun, laughing, screaming then laughing again. The mother and father were supportive and kept him from being too loud, but even though they were not technically disturbing me, they were!

This taught me to zone into my painting and FOCUS on my paint.... talk about painting -in-the-zone!!!  This is what is challenging from not being in the comforts of your own studio.

By the end of 1.5 hours, this is what I have to show!  Painting outdoors is such a humbling experience.








No comments:

Post a Comment