Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Happy Surprises


As an artist, I encounter alot of people who love my work, perhaps admire my work,  pretend to like my work and do not say anything about my work.  There are alot of factors that come into play when selling work either through a formal art show such as juried shows, local art group shows, art fairs, private galleries, on-line and through word-of-mouth.  Being in the industry now for 12 years, I have come to realize that art is such an emotional investment.  Most people have to be touched by the piece for them to invest in it.  When a painting has spoken to them, they just should not let it go.

Just in the last month, I have had many people telling me that they were touched by my paintings.  I have sold more this month compared to some years of 'drought' and several art shows.  I am glad my paintings are speaking to people and making them happy.  These are happy surprises!!

Feel blessed,
Marissa
Fragile Nature 24" x 36" Mixed Media  (SOLD)

No comments:

Post a Comment