Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bridgewater Retreat

Spent 2 1/2 days at the Bridgewater Art Retreat at Tweed, Ontario with the East Central Art Association.  What a great get-away with talented, award winning national artists!  I was humbled, thrilled, overwhelmed, excited and enjoyed myself to the hilt! Day 1 started with getting settled in my cabin, touring the site, taking pictures and finding my place in the Oil studio.  Yup doing oils this time.  This will be my year of oils and painting en plein air! Dinner at the dining hall and then a demo in the evening by Kathy Haycock SCA AFC,,,the party starts right after and everyone enjoyed unwinding with live music and dancing.  Day 2, I set out to the beach with new friends from Eganville and we painted all morning. Mid day I set out on site with artists, Sheila Davis and Linda Hammond and we painted on Queenboro road. About a 20 minute drive from Bridgewater.  Then we took a trip to Tweed and visited a new gallery there  Back at the resort we get ready for a critique session after supper.  Day 3, I painted near the watercolour studio and was quite productive as I got into the groove with Stevie Wonder on my IPhone.  Lunch and then it was time to pack up and set for home.  I was quite happy with my last painting and even though I know more needs to get done with the piece, I know... I am on the right track.


Stay tuned,
Marissa


No comments:

Post a Comment